When a million dollars is on the line you can't let anything fall through the cracks.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Shelter, Bugs, Knots, and Fire

I will be posting video when I have a little bit more time but here is a short recap of the workshop yesterday.



Here I am testing out the length of my shelter. I decided to go with a lean to because it seemed the most reasonable...



Once I got the plywood over the branches I was pretty well sheltered....





Then it started to rain and I was scared....



Then my first guests arrived... Amber the lovey intern and her friend Susan!



This is the view from inside the shelter....



Once the shelter was complete Susan tried her hand at some knot tying.



Then we all tried some crickets... They sort of tasted like sawdust and bad peanuts...





Then we made fire. This was my first attempt but it failed...



This is more like it!



If it hadn't been raining I would have built a larger fire and we would have roasted weenies...



I have decided that I am just going to start practicing making fire. It was a lot of fun...

Also, feel free to stop by the gallery this coming weekend - there's leftover crickets you can try for yourselves...


That's it for the recap. I'll post more video later...

This week I am working on Outlasting... we are having endurance day on Sunday from 1 to 4 and there will be endurance challenges specifically tailored for my my lifestyle and desires... you get to be part of them.

Saturday I am testing my pain tolerance by getting my legs waxed... I'm sure you're probably thinking that that is not a good test but I think it is! If I can take that I can do anything...

This week I am also going to be on the lookout for a well fitting bra, an attractive one piece swimsuit and possibly a new pair of tennis shoes - after stomping out fire with my old ones I think I need to think about investing in some new ones...

I'll check back in tomorrow... two weeks left to become the ultimate survivor!

No comments:

Post a Comment